Friday 24 February 2012

DADS 64TH BIRTHDAY!

Friday the 24th of FEB Was My Dads birthday.  We organised a very spontaneous, last minute, Pizza and cake night at our house about half an hour before they came.  Dad had just arrived home from out of town and was pretty shattered so we just kept it short and sweet but it was such a lovely night together!

The kids quickly decorated the whiteboard with lovely Birthday messages for Poppa!  
(see the dyslexic attempt to spell EPIC  LOL)!


A cute one of Niwa hanging off Poppas neck,  this one so reminds me of dad's father, who use to do these kinds of things with me when I was a kid.  In fact the way in which dad has the kids on etc, is so like his dad too.  He always use to grab our wrists like this and say in a joking manner 
"Watch out someones gonna get hurt!"  I use to love all of our little play fights!


Cake time for Poppa,  he was having the kids on in this photo too,  he always keeps such a straight face when he is getting cheeky but as you can see everyone else is cracking up!



A little dialogue follows the next few photos.....



"Can I have a piece please poppa?" asks Niwa.




"Here you go then!"  Says poppa.




"No Poppa some more!"  Says Niwa



"There you go theres some more!" Says Poppa.



"NO POPPA, you're being silly, I want a big one!"  Says Niwa




"Okay here you go heres a big one!" Says Poppa
(handing him the whole cake)




"No Poppa!"  Says Niwa
"Well how big do you want it?" Asks Poppa.
"This big!"  Says Niwa (with his arms out wide)




Niwa finally gets a decent slice of cake!




Niwa then stands up to hang off his poppa and give him a smooch!
It has been so cool lately that the kids have been able to spend more time with mum and dad.
Niwa and Dad are developing a close little relationship, it melts me!


Then Niwa needed to rush to the bathroom for a much needed, (well who knows)???? 
We all heard him yelling out "I'm finished" from the bathroom window,  
I snapped these shots,  so typical of Niwa.  
He didn't climb out this time though!  LOL!



Then Niwa grabbed the camera and took this shot of Dad and I.
I haven't seen a better one of us in years!  Funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment