Friday 3 February 2012

ARAMA STARTS INTERMEDIATE

On Wed the 1st of Feb, Arama started school after 3 years of being home schooled.
As you can imagine, I was more anxious than him and I actually started a new teaching
job that same day so I wasn't able to go to school with him.  Keith had the week off
so he took him.  (Just as well,  I would have probably been an emotional wreck)!
Well I kinda was an emotional wreck without even being there  LOL!
My school is just down the path from his schools so after school he can just walk 
down to me.  Having home schooled him for 3 years,  we have developed a very 
close relationship in a way that is kinda hard to explain to someone who hasn't Home schooled
before.   Arama also has quite a few challenges in his life so sometimes I just want to
wrap him up in cotton wool and protect him from everything hard in his life.
I have come to the realisation however that I am limited in what I can offer him
and know that school can offer him many things that I can't although I also feel the same 
vice versa about the things you can offer at home that school can't.  So for now it is a 
big leap of faith for a very special young spirit.  So far so good!





The photos above are of us all the morning he left.  He looks pretty smart in his New Uniform!


The Front Gate



Arama has some special EX- Home schooled friends who go to Murrays Bay Intermediate too, 
 they live just across the road from his school.  He walked to school with them on his first day 
which was a real blessing as he didn't know anyone else.  They have continued to be a lovely supportive family in making Arama feel welcome at school.  Jane, the mother of this special family,  has just had her home schooled daughter return to school this week too so we have been able to support each other through our tough transition together.  Thank you Jane for your help and aroha xx




Arama is in Room 25  and his teacher is Sarah Herbert.
She is very experienced and passionate about learning.
Arama already thinks the world of her and doesn't stop 
raving about her.



This sign on her door kinda says it all.

"If you care about what you do and work hard at it, 
there isn't anything you can't do if you want to"
Jim Hensen



So Arama has been at school for 3 days now and it is getting easier by the day.
I think we have chosen the right school for him.  
It has been a very long week for him and us all and the travel in kinda crazy,
however is this is as good of a school as I think it is, then I will travel the distance 
for my precious little boy, who is growing up!   ARGHH I can't believe he just started intermediate!






No comments:

Post a Comment