Friday 15 March 2013

VALENTINES DAY THIS YEAR.

We are a month on and I have finally got around to getting these photos off mum.   I have gotta enter what we did for Valentines day this year.  It was a bit of a hard day for us all as 'Valentines Day' is mum and dad's wedding anniversary.  So I wanted mum to not feel too alone on this day that has been special for her and dad for the past 42 years.  Nix and I composed this cool poem below the night before Feb the 14th.  Then we went over to her house late Valentines Eve and 'Heart attacked' her house everywhere.  We sprinkled little hearts all over her doorstep with some chocolates and this special poem hanging from the door. (the idea of the poem was that it was from Dad to Mum) We stuck hearts all over her front lawn and  gel ones all over her car etc etc (see photos below).  She said she cried when she read our poem.  Then we went out for dinner to Verbenas with Keith and I, Aunty Robyn, Mum, Aaron and Sharis and Terry and Sha,  (all of mums closest and dearest).  Kylee also made some beautiful cup cakes for mum which we had delivered to our table when we were at dinner.  All in all it was a sad day as we all miss dad so much but nice to have an excuse to all get together.  The poem below sums it all up from us to them.  

Oh and you too Keithy Boy you are my Valentine,  I almost forgot as this day was kinda dedicated to mum and dad but I promise next year I will be all yours again.  ...  (I did give him chocolates too  LOL) 


Mums Doorstep


Mums Car,  it read, "We love you Queen Patricia".
This is mum's nick name for those of you who don't know that.





Polystyrene hearts all over the lawn.



Gel hearts etc over her car window.




A toast to Mum and Dad after mum read out the letter.








Kylee's beautiful Valentine Cupcakes below






For family home evening a few days before,  Keith and I and the kids made some lollie packs up for all the people they wanted to give them too.  During our night out I gave these out to all of the people there.  The kids gave them to their teachers etc and other people of their choice.  (see the cupid Poop bags below with lots of love heart lollies inside etc)



Then on dads birthday a few weeks ago (24th Feb)  everyone went out for dinner,  I made this cake to remember my Daddy.  I still miss him so so much each day,  and feel like it will always be hard!








No comments:

Post a Comment