Saturday 12 October 2013

While Mummy was away.


When I was away for the weekend in Melbourne Niwa had a little accident.  He jammed his finger in the door at church and had to go to Starship and have his finger nail sewn back on.  He had to have a General and the operation was about 45mins.  He then stayed the night in Starship.  No one told me about this.  On my way home for the Airport on Monday Nikki called me and she said,  "How is Niwa?"  I said "What?" Then she said,  "OH neva mind!"  I was thinking what the heck someone tell me what is going on.  Then she said, "Oh he just hurt himself" and then left it at that.  I was dying by now, wanting to know more but she wouldn't tell me anymore I had to wait until I got home,  only to find my little boy with this plaster cast on his arm.  Uncle Donovan called it his 'Sausage hand' and so everyone was calling it that.  Anyway he has been a 'box of birds'  you would not even know there was anything wrong with him.  These holidays he has gone to the beach, the park, lollie Pops Playland, he has zoomed down Mt Vic on cardboard boxes,  gone to Kiwi Valley Farm and the list goes on.  He is such a brave little guy and has not complained once!  He has since had the plaster off and has a new dressing.  My funny little man,  this time last year it was a broken elbow!

The Funny thing about this was that he was in exactly the same ward as Arama was in and so Keith knew most of the staff there.  When I went back there this week to get it checked,  they were all saying to me,  "I know you from somewhere",  it kinda felt like I was back home.  NOT  hopefully this is the last we see of ward 24A at Starship this year!





This photo below cracks me up as it is just like Arama's sign above his bed,  
the same Surgeon's name and everything.  




No comments:

Post a Comment