Saturday 5 October 2013

Niwa Starts school!!


I am pretty late with this entry!  A whole term in fact!  Flip oh well at least I am doing it now.  My one and only Baby,  my last baby started school on Monday the 29th of July.  It was so hard for me,  I think I was grieving for about 6 weeks after he started school.  Then I got busy with Arama's surgery etc so I kind of got distracted thank goodness.  Oh well so here are some photos of him on his first day at school.    


Us all at home on the first day of term 3    2013 which is Niwa's first day of school.  We were staying at Mums house at this time as we were also having our house renovated at the time.  What a crazy term.  Lots happened term 3    2013,  hopefully term 4 is a little less busy!


The photos below are of Niwa on 'The Mat'  at school.   It was all very foreign for him and he was pretty scared to begin with.  I stayed with him til about 11am.  Prior to that I had tried to go and he hung onto me for dear life and just didn't want me to go. I was so sad for him,  then I told him to be brave and I would go and get Terina to come and sit with him to have morning Tea,  and he allowed me to do that.  I spent the rest of the day in Zombie land hoping he was alright.  I arrived to collect him at 3 and he was just fine.  He braved it out but was pretty stuffed by the time we got home.



Niwa sussing things out on the mat with the other kids,  Not too sure what the deal is???


Then the class went for a little bit of fitness and he loved this part as Niwa is the type of kid who loves running around outside so fitness time was his favourite.



Below are photos of Niwa eating his Morning Tea and Terina and her friend Georgia came to comfort him and eat their lunch with him.  This really boosted him even though I had to convince Terina,  I don't think eating your lunch in the juniors is very cool!


My Yummy, Unsure, Delicious, Baby Boy eating his lunch.  He is a big boy now!  BOO HOO!


Niwa loves to do his homework.  The photos below are of him doing his Reading when he arrived home.  This is him about day 3.  Keith was outside doing the gardens and Niwa didn't even make it inside with his reading book this day,  he was so keen to share his reading skills with his Daddy as soon as he got out of the car!  So cute! 




So at the end of his first term of school,  he is totally happy and settled!  The first day was the only day we had any problems with him wanting me to stay.  He knows the routines and systems in the class and is even great at home in the mornings following his little 'to do list' etc.  I am so proud of him.  I can tell he loves to learn too,  he can already read and write about 20 words and I am so excited.  I hate to say this but I think it a lot so I am going to....... I don't think he is Dyslexic!  A little treat for me!  (Fingers Crossed).  It is so lovely as a mother to know your child is settled and happy at school because they spend a lot of their hours there each day.  What a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pics!! He's such a scrummy little dude, your Niwa :) Love how he didn't even make it to the house from the car before he just had to pull out his readers. So cool how they love to learn at this age

    ReplyDelete