Saturday 23 February 2013

The Church Fairy

One of my closest friends Renee below,  has inspired me with her "Church Fairy' Idea for her yummy son Mac,  Niwa's little mate....  (read below for her story and then I will share Niwa's first experience with the 'Church Fairy' last week.




Church has always been a struggle with Mac so even though he's knocking on the door of 5 now!!!, he still doesn't particularly want to be there....& he definitely doesn't want to sit still or whisper :( .....So at our whits end around 6 weeks ago, we introduced the church fairy.





The church fairy watches him at church & keeps an eye on his behaviour in sacrament & then in class, so she can know whether or not she needs to leave a treat in the letterbox for him for when he gets home :) (We always sit in the rec hall & if he's being noisy we point up to the little air vents in the ceiling where she could be spying on him from?!)




He still tries to push the limits & loves to break free to the toilet any chance he can, but he IS doing better :)....And you should've seen his face when he opened the letter box the one week he was a right off & thought he'd still get a treat anyways - talk about devastated lol 







NIWA'S STORY

Every Sunday morning,  Niwa wakes up and  when he figures it is Sunday he throw tantrums about having to go.  It is a bummer as I want to go to my class etc to get uplifted myself but he wants me (not Dad) to come to all his classes with him and he has such 'Puppy Dog' eyes with tears in them if I go to leave so there is no way I can leave him like that.  So last week after reading Renee's blog, I thought I would set out to initiate the 'Church Fairy' Idea as a means to get him to go to Kids Sunday School classes etc without me.  He knows everyone there but is just a Mummy's Boy.  Anyway so we prepared him and he was very excited.  He was amazing during Church and let me go to class which was a total first.  Then I was able to go to my next class and when church was finished, he came running to me so so proud that he had been a big boy and gone to class without me.  When we got home,  I told the kids to go and get changed first before Niwa went to the letter box.  The  photos below are of him looking in the box and then of him unwrapping his pressie around Arama and Terina.



Don't you just love our letter Box,  we are getting our front landscaped next week and a new letter Box is on its way, thank goodness!  I don't know how many times Keith has run over our current one.  LOL



Below:  He opens his treat with his brother and sister looking on  CUTE!  Even the kittens joined in which you can see in some of the photos.










This was so effective week one,  but Mac last week got nothing.  Renee told me just because you have the Church Fairy, it does not always mean it is going to work after the faze has worn off.  Well it is working for us as of day one so for now we will make the most of it!  LOL!




No comments:

Post a Comment