Sunday 13 January 2013

WE BURY DADS ASHES

 On Wednesday the 9th of Jan 2013 we went up to Snapper Rock as a family and buried dads ashes.  It was just Mum,  Aaron and Sharis and Ethan,  Me, Keith, Arama, Terina and Niwa and Terry (Dads best friend and Business partner). The only ones missing were Aunty Colleen, Uncle Ken,  Sarah and the rest of the family.

It was the most amazing weather and we had a lovely day.  

We got 10 Helium balloons, one for each of us and when we had finished Burying the ashes,  we all cut one balloon each and said something as we released it into the sky.  It was so impromptu and special.  We all said something and it was quite emotional and spiritual.  We got this all on video which I would like to edit and  put on my blog at a later time.  I Liked what Terry said “I will cut the string but will never cut the ties”,  Ethan said,  “I hope you are enjoying playing bowls in Heaven Poppa”,  Terina said “I love how you gave me money every Wednesday for Mini Muchie Markets at school Poppa”,  I said,  “Because of you Dad,  I will always try to ‘Reach for the Stars’,  Mum said "I think of you all the time Roddy",  Keith said “We will see you again someday Rod”,  I can’t remember everything everyone said but these are some of the words I remembered.






It was kind of cool how we just sat around informally chatting about our special Hero.



My special Arama contemplating.





Below:  These are Dads Cherry Tomatoes that have just turned red.
Mum Buried some with his box of ashes.  She also took some roses from
the garden that grew outside their bedroom window.




Below:  Arama wiping away his tears. My Darling 
Arama was so close to My Dad but Arama tells me
he isn't sad because he truely believes in the Plan that 
Familes can be together forever. 
Thank you Arama for being my strength!
I don't know where I would be without you!
I love you so much. xxx




Above:  Terry with Diesel his best friend who goes everywhere with him.
Below the kids with their new Surrogate Poppa.
Not that there will ever be another one that could ever measure 
up to my Greatest Hero Dad eva!




We all also had a turn at shoveling in some dirt on top of the ashes.   
The next few photos are of us all having a turn with the shovel.


 NIWA

 TERINA


 ARAMA


 MUM


ETHAN


 AARON


 ME


 TERRY


SHARIS


 KEITH

We truly loved our Dad and Poppa and Companion  (in mum’s case).   

I have had a special dream since dad has passed to let me know that he
is not too far away at all,  this has been very sacred and comforting for me.
However....  on this day I missed him dearly.  I got home and I just
cried and cried and cried.  Some days I just can't believe he has passed!
I miss you so much my dear Daddy,  I know you are not far away but that
doesn't stop me from missing you.
Please be patient while I grieve for you.
You are my inspiration and will always be a good reason for me
to try harder each day and to get up and keep going when I feel discouraged and low.
You always were one not to muck around and to just 'get the job done'  
so I won't waste too much
time crying but a little here and there won't hurt.
 YOU ARE FOREVER IN MY HEART!
FAMILIES ARE FOREVER  xxxx















1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Bex. Looks like it was such a special day with your gorgeous family. Arama's faith & testimony is so precious. I love that kid...well actually all your kids!!!

    ReplyDelete