Thursday 27 December 2012

CHRISTMAS ANGELS

Christmas this year was a little challenging to prepare for as we spent the month before nursing Dad.  Rushing out to malls to buy presents etc seemed irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things.    I must admit I was a little stressed about it but that was just the way things were this year. 

HOWEVER….

On the evening of Dad’s funeral,  my Bestest Buddy Nix bought over 3 boxes of presents,  one for each of the kids and put them under the Christmas tree.  The kids were all asleep when she came.  Look at the photo below,  prior to this photos there were NO presents under the tree at all!








She also bought a lovely note which has stayed displayed in the Christmas tree since then.  All of the gifts were from my friends for my kids and this is what the note read....(see below)  I cried when I read the note.  Need I say any more. 


The next morning when the kids got up they were surprised to see all these presents under the tree.  I had told Nix it may not be a good idea putting them under the tree yet as I usually don’t until Christmas Eve,  she told me that this was her thing and she was the Boss this year!  LOL!  She put me in my place.  I told the kids they could have one present each morning before Christmas and this was okay for Terina and Arama but it just about Killed Niwa opening one a day.  I heard him yell out one day when I was down at the washing line  “Yey a Trash pack!”  I told him to come here  and asked him if he had opened one of his presents and he said no only a little bit.  LOL!  I guess it is kind of torture for a four year old to be so restrained!










Through this whole ordeal with Dad dying,  I have come to realise how loved I am and how AMAZING  all my friends are!  I don’t think there is anyone else in this world who has friends so amazing as mine.  They have taken the kids,  picked them up from school,  made us meals,  prayed for us,  texted mum to tell her they are praying for her too,  visited Dad to say their farewells,  stayed at my home so I can be up at the Hospice,  weeded our garden,  helped with stuff around the home,  made my aunty a birthday cake,  bought amazing food up to the Hospice and the list goes on and on,  it has been so humbling.  I would not have coped without their help. 

THANK YOU MY DEAR FRIENDS FOR ALL YOUR UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
I LOVE YOU BACK A MILLION TIMES MORE!


No comments:

Post a Comment