Sunday 7 October 2012

MY 40TH BIRTHDAY ARGHHHH!


Last weekend was my 40th Birthday ARGHHHHH!  I can’t believe I have reached that age!  Oh well I hope the words of the song ‘Life begins at 40’ ring true and that this is the beginning of a great life ahead!  LOL!  Mum and Dad took the Niwa and Terina for the weekend and Arama went to his cousins (Tristan and Dahlins).  So we were free from lots of noise and distractions etc and we got lots of quiet time together.  On Friday we went to the temple which was amazing, we did sealings there for some family names and then we came home and went for some good exercise together then we went out of tea with our good friends Sarah and Donovan.  It was Sarah’s birthday on the 28th of Sept and so each year we usually find ourselves sharing a birthday dinner together which is really nice.

On Saturday I went out with my Bestie (Nix)  in case you didn’t figure who that was, and we went somewhere we have been wanting to go together for about a year now.  So Saturday was our chance! That blog entry is yet to come.  On Sat night we went out of Dinner again,  just Keith and I.

On Sunday (My actual Birthday), we went to Torbay ward for church and then came home and chilled.  Then we cooked some yummy food to take to mums  as she had organised a little birthday dinner with the kids for me.  My brother and his wife and son came too which was nice as it was just simple, immediate family.  I didn’t really want anything big I just wanted a break from the kids and some time out for Keith and I and that was the best pressie eva!

Here are some photos of the night at mums below.  The photos are not very good quality as they are only taken on Keith's I phone.



Above:  My brother Aaron (AKA Santa) and I eating together outside at mum and dads.  He works in Promotions for MORE FM so he always brings freebees over for the kids such as movie tickets,  tickets to Butter Fly Creak,  Ice Skating, Shows etc,  that is why I call him Santa.  I must say that my actual birthday had AMAZING weather and the next day was rubbish again.  So I think someone was giving a special 'Shout out' to me in a very special personal way.  


Above:  Mum and dad 'going hard' in the kitchen as usual!


Above:  My yummy peach filled sponge Birthday cake.


Above:  Dad lighting the candles on my cake.


Above:  Niwa and I blowing out the candles.



Above:  I am about to stab myself,  well it looks that way, flip, licking the knife!  Teaching Niwa how its done!  CRAZY WOMAN!


Above: Niwa stealing the yummy strawberries off my cake.





Above:  The dessert spread above, yum!


Above:  Terina in Heaven.


Above:  The Napoleons I made,  I will tell you the story about these in the next blog entry.


The crazy family below.  My bro, getting 
everyone going as usual!


Aaron the 'Nutter',  the kids love him!



1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a cool weekend :) Sounded really nice & relaxing which I totally agree is the best present ever!! That dessert spread looked amazing! Wish I could try some of it through the comp lol...hey so cool to finally see a photo of your brother too. Can totally see the resemblance!

    ReplyDelete